Tuesday 17 May 2011

A very Special Day

On this special day when the Queen visits Ireland, I thought I would commemorate it with some of my Shamrocks. A 3di idea which can be worn as a brooch or a hair ornament.

Shamrocks are to me the symbol of a peaceful Ireland, that ignores all flags.


This is the first State visit by an English head of State for 100 years. It is tremendous to think that two influential women have sorted an age old problem.
The two ladies greeted each other with beaming smiles
The Queen started the day in a Stewart Parvin vivid emerald green outfit for the occasion. Stewart Parvin is a name I recognise from the bridal world. I understand the Queen also wore one of his outfits to the races recently.
Mary McAleese wore a striking cerise pink outfit but sadly they didn't tell us who made that outfit. Then to keep me interested the two ladies did a quick change for their wreath laying at the Dublin Memorial Garden. The Queen wore a metallic pearl boucle ensemble with what they described as embroidery, which looked like olive green shamrocks to me. While President Mary McAleese ditched her peony pink ensemble for a more conservative black dress and jacket combination with contrasting white piping.
The two ladies have managed to transform this politically fraught state visit into a potential stylistic " happening".

No comments:

Post a Comment