Sunday 22 May 2011

This time last year.





The Majestic bridge builder, what a name for the Queen and for Mary McAleese. I was so impressed by what the two ladies have achieved. Their care and consideration conquered all. Their style and sophistication were much appreciated. I imagine how tired she must be after her travels at 85, however she just seemed to be enjoying every minute. Reminded me of how a business trip to London last year just recharged my batteries for
months.
This time last year I had a trip to London. The Best of British Bridal Designers were having an exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery. This year Stewart Parvin, the Royal Couturier who did the Queens emerald green outfit when she arrived in Dublin,will show his 2012 collection.

He introduces covetable gowns with princess-line skirts and waist-cinching ruching to ensure the perfect silhouette. On the catwalk this year there will be dramatic fishtail silhouettes in sequined lace and tulle that will take your breath away. But I will not be there to see them.

I remember the sun was shining and I found myself in St James Park, it was just heaven on earth. The plants and birds were amazing, I just loved it.

Then we went to Harrods for a cup of Tea. I thought we would get a chance to go again this year at this time but circumstances changed are plans. Hopefully before the year is out we will make time to visit again.



There is so much to do and see in London.

This time last year I really could imagine moving to live there. I never could of imagined city life, but London seems to have it all.





Oh yes there was the Day Out at Chelsea Flower Show, just absolutely brilliant!!

That is no doubt where the Queen will be this week. The president and First Lady Michelle Obama will be guests of the Queen at Buckingham Palace for three days. More fashion for me to keep an eye on.




Inspiration everywhere, flowers and shops what more could you ask for?






Everybody needs to go and see this, the colours, the smells and the vision.
Maybe the Obama's will visit Chelsea while they are in London.



However seeing this photo has reminded me I better go and do some work.
I have an outfit to sort and I better go and do it.





Thanks for the encouragement you have been giving me that you do read my blog.
Yours for now Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment