Sunday 8 May 2011

Fairytale ending? A Dream come true?


A week on, Catherine Middleton is for now the people's Princess. It was a magical day, a spectacular triumph played out on the world stage.
With a resurging of lace, I have shown you a photo of my own lace I make, which reminds me of my own wedding dress and many of my past creations. Texts came in from "old" brides with comments of "it reminds me of mine".

A dream come true for many people, not just for Catherine and William, but for all the people involved. The build up to a wedding is so exciting, the actual day a dream and then it is back to "real-life"!! What are we destined to do?

The Royal Wedding boosted British produce and artisans as much as possible which is much appreciated. But it is back to earth with a bang as our politicians run round like headless chickens trying to get our vote. We need them to be promoting the Best of British otherwise they will be no industry and manufacturing left in this country.

So back to my dream of promoting the Made on N Ireland label.
Here are photos of the latest bag, jewellery and Hat/ fascinator, specially commissioned for a Bride's Mum, to match the outfit I made her.


Clients travel to London searching for their dream outfit and then when they come back and get something off me it raises my spirits.
I have had an up and down week, with girls interested in my notion of Pippa's dress but at a price! What price? They say if you work hard and are talented you will make it!! Make what? Brides seem to want the best with as little fuss and expense as possible. I feel I am working harder than ever for less, less thanks and less reward.
I really appreciate the brides who have come to me and let me make their dresses. I can think back over the years at all the brides who I have had great pleasure in making hopefully their dreams about their dresses come true. But they are getting few and far between, the market is getting smaller and smaller as brides opt for a quick fix, an off the peg dress without any trimmings. All the big chains and manufacturers have jumped on the wedding wagon. However I believe you only get out of life what you put into it. If you want a special day with brilliant memories you need to put the effort into it and work at it, make it personal and make it unique.


As long as I can make my Bride's feel special, make them feel that theirs is the best wedding dress I have ever made and make their day be a dream come true then I have done my job and fulfilled my dream too.

No comments:

Post a Comment