Sunday 15 October 2023

More on finding your style for your wedding, this time its about bridal shoes

The one thing I will admit I can't make are shoes, and they
are really important for your Big Day. We all love our shoes, 
for me they make or break an outfit.

   
   
       


















When I make an outfit for myself and also for my clients I 
 can be inspired by the shoe as to what details I might add. 
 I remember on occasions people asking me how I got the 
 shoes to match the embroidery, but I had bought the shoes 
 first and then embroidered my outfit!
 I have sold shoes from my shop for years. I always tried 
 my best to support local firms. In N Ireland we had are own
 Dana Shoes but sadly they died and my main supplier
 has been Rainbow Club shoes who I still deal with. 


 




 






Once I meet the characters in a firm I have a personal 
connection
with them I like to support them.

 













For my own wedding day I chose to wear a London designer called 
Diane Hassall. I had meet Di and stocked her shoes so it was an easy
choice. They were soooo comfy and of course I still have them today.
I always thought I would dye them as I do dye all my shoes for clients
but these ones still match my wedding dress. The details and 
embroidery work on Di's shoes naturally intrigue me.

 











 

It always amazes me but these days more and more brides order 
their bridal shoes online. It does mean that for a shop that sells 
shoes sometimes we can spend a considerable time letting the 
client try on shoes for her to then go order them online. So it has
made me more reluctant to stock many shoes, as a bride can return
a pair of shoes that she orders online that don't quite fit where I 
have to stock all the sizes for my clients to try. Different styles 
can be a different fit even though they are the same make.
This week I listened to the story of Emmy London as I was hand
beading. I sometimes listen to music to make me sew faster but I 
also love to learn, so if I can find a good podcast that I think is of
interest to me I'll listen. I loved the conversation on "The Love My
Dress"podcast with Emmy Scarterfield of Emmy London. Annabel's
soothing voice makes you stay tuned and Emmy's enthusiasm, 
passion for shoes and the honesty of her life story was compelling
listening. Annabel wore a pair of Emmy shoe's on her wedding day 
and sung high praises for her high heels, descibing them as 
"unbelievably comfortable to wear for hours and hours" one of the 
secret ingredients of even the Emmy London high heels.

 ( brides, take note!)

No comments:

Post a Comment