Friday 13 October 2023

Finding your style for your Big Day.

 

"Going out to find Your Bridal Dress should be one of your 

happiness memories"

Before we go any further, this is a very tricky topic. If you’re

 not in the headspace

 to read about body image/size then feel free to come back 

another day, but this is

 an area that we  have to navigate every day.

And it’s complicated.





















As women, we have to work so hard to stay centred and 
secure in the face of constant messaging about the way 
we look. How we style our hair, our make up, 
our weight, the shape of our bodies… It goes on and on. 
Beauty standards are constantly changing and, here’s the
thing, your body is not a trend! It doesn’t have to be a size 
whatever to be beautiful. That’s a lie we’ve been fed for years 
and it’s amazing to now see women rejecting it.



















Beauty has nothing at all to do with dress size or body shape, 

neither does feeling good about yourself. I’m pleased we’ve 

made great strides towards body diversity in the past few years

but those feelings of inadequacy can be deep rooted and 

difficult to unlearn. When I was growing up, I didn’t fit the

beauty standards of the time. I was the girl who tied knitwear 

around my waist to hide a round bottom - a bottom I was ashamed 

of! - only for big bums to become en vogue later in my life. 

I’m a curvy woman and it took me years to accept myself as I am, 

shed the hangover from those societal expectations, and be happy 

with myself. Clothes helped me do that. Finding my own style and 

my tribe of amazing women who are all so different, and so confident

being (and dressing) for themselves set me free. That’s what we do 

every day at Joanne Ferguson Bridal to give you confidence. 

Trying on wedding dresses is an incredible experience, but it can

also throw up some unexpected emotions. If that sounds familiar, 

I’m here to give you permission to let it all go.

Truly, you are beautiful exactly as you are.



















I’ve talked a lot about the moment when a bride steps into the 

perfect dress and sees herself for the first time. Despite what you

see from popular media, not everyone bursts into happy tears. 

Some do, but some simply stand a little straighter, walk 

a little taller, smile a little wider. Whatever the reaction, 

it’s obvious to myself and those with you, and what a moment 

it is to be a part of! I want every One of my bride’s to feel that 

confidence during her appointment, then that feeling will continue to grow 

for her wedding day, and beyond.

My calling in life is to craft clothes to empower women to feel 

amazing on one of the most important days of their lives and, 

let me tell you, you’ve given me as much joy and confidence as

I’ve given you these past (almost!) three decades. Watching you, 

wonderful women of all different shapes and sizes, blossom when

we discover your perfect outfit has been a revelation for me, 

because what could have possibly changed in those moments it took 

to pop a dress on? Your body certainly didn’t change from one moment

to the next. You are physically exactly the same, yet everything about 

you seems different. 

That’s the power of a great outfit.

Love Xx Jo💓

No comments:

Post a Comment