Friday 30 June 2017

Round up of June

It's been a busy month and as well as working on dresses for my summer weddings I decided to help with an exhibition of Wedding Dresses over the past 200years. So vintage dresses have been influencing my ideas and being an inspiration. 

But as the Exhibition covered up to present day my own dress and some of my former brides dresses where on show. 


This is Caroline's dress. Photo by Stuart Macrory an excellent wedding photographer based on the Ards Peninsula. 

This silk dress, which was on display, and its beading detail looks vintage but in fact the wedding was Feb 2017. It's lovely simple understated shape shows off the brides figure and sature with its empire line and the way it flows into a tiny train. If you look close into the two tulle layers over the silk you can see each beaded motif is outlined by a silver chain stitch. The flowers and leaves inspired by the Irish hedge rows of the Whitethorn. Each edge from the neckline to the hem has an ivory satin stitched embroidery highlighted by pearl work. Each flower has a clawed rhinestone centre. At the back if the gown you really notice the effect of the tulle & its beading detail and how it all comes together with the row of tiny hand covered buttons. 

(Another Blue Bride's dress that was on display I will write about in another post on my blog at a later date when I get some photos)



1 comment:

  1. What a Bridal & Wedding services!!!!!! The best Bridal & Wedding services at the budget-friendly. green trends in Hyderabad.

    ReplyDelete