Sunday 13 September 2015

Summer 2015 madness!

Sorry it has been sometime since I blogged but I don't know where time goes. I have been busy working away. Thought I must share some of my photos of what I have been up to this summer.
Girls, Girls, Girls, let the fun begin.

Wait until you see and hear the whole story. Here you can see the embroidered shoes and headdress, choker and bracelet. 

If you look carefully you can see that the belt matches the headdress in the former photo. Also on the dress' left hand shoulder you will see a heart with the word Daddy which was to be worn inside the dress on the brides' heart.

This bride was very clear in her taste and what she wanted. She tried on dresses with me until she decided exactly what she wanted. We all agreed and we decided to show off her lovely figure. She selected a lace with personalised detail and added sparkle. One day she described the shoes she wished for to go with it and just as luck would have I had the very shoes in her size waiting for her. As you can see from the photos the belt on her dress matched the headdress I did for her. The colour of the bridesmaids dresses/flowergirls dresses was clear from the start. The bride had seen two flower girls dresses that she just fell in love with and these set the theme for the rest of the ensemble. So I had to dye some vintage lace that I had to the exact colour and decorate it accordingly.

The dresses all ready to go.



The bride fortunately found shoes already the colour of the girls dresses and bought them months before the wedding but as their feet kept changing sizes as the wedding got closer it took me to put a bespoke elasticated band to hold them on. It would have been possible to have put a ribbon either side like the brides shoes but because there was already a bow the other idea seemed best. The bouquets were all especially made for each girl and since buttons were in the theme I made sure everyone had some.





As I mentioned before I made a heart with a lace edge and embroidered it with "Daddy", the bride also had a button in her bouquet with her dad's photo on it. Sadly when the bride was only 2 years old her Dad had died. Mum was to give the bride away on her day and so we had to do an outfit for Mum which made her feel confident and would help her through a very emotional day. The day of the wedding would have been her 50th wedding Anniversary!

Mum already had her shoes and bag so all I had to do was to make the hat and do it to suit Mum and match the outfit. 


But let me finish by remembering the other person in this wedding "The Groom", we hide his initials with the brides in the embroidery on her veil.
 Thank you to my beautiful bride for having me out to dress her and the girls, sorry my photos are not better but you get a good idea for the  whole story.
Best wishes may you and your groom have 50 happy years together.

No comments:

Post a Comment