Sunday 20 September 2015

More of what I have been up to Summer 2015


I like to think I can keep ahead of the game. If I follow the latest designers shows and listen to my brides that then I have a good idea of what direction to take for the next season.
As you saw from my last post I was following what the British Bridal designers were showing and selling to the shops for next year.
This means if there is a set trend I feel I need to follow I can work on it and be ahead of them shops.
Last year about this time I was working on a beaded idea for the back of a dress and I showed it to one of my brides as an idea and she loved it. Now that she has had her wedding I am delighted to be able to show you how it all turned out. 

My bride on the day of her last fitting, notice her headdress made to match. 
Back details have always been a strong consideration for brides as they imagine everybody is going to spend the whole time during the service looking at the back of their dress.

One of my photos, which never just capture all I want you to see.

My brides dress has embroidery detail  in areas with plain duchess satin showing through in areas rather than the idea of all over. Many of the shops have been following the lace trend and I find most girls who come to me want something a bit different.  

Plainer dresses are being asked for and I have worked away on some plain dresses knowing that when I show it to a bride I can listen to what she likes and work on ideas of embroidery and where to place them with her approval and the as a team we have both come up with the ultimate dress for Her.





Fuller dresses with box pleats or even just cut to fit the waist and then flare out as full as you want are back on the cat walks. I have even noticed that daywear dresses have taken on this trend, but I personally feel shorter and fatter in them and would only consider that style in a full length. When I have girls as me to do a 50's style I tend to do it longer than I see on the catwalks as I feel that is more flattering to my bride.




With any bride I love to put on different shapes and styles to help them work out what they feel good in. Sometimes once we find the skirt style then it is easier to have separate bodices to show lots of different variations as a more finished look rather than trying to put 2 dresses on at the same time ( I have to admit I have done that much to my brides amazement, anything if it helps get my point across). So I'm not surprised that with crop tops back in daywear the bridal designers have followed this idea for bridal. Great news that 2 piece creations are on the up as now my brides will be willing to go with the flow and try on both.
In store we have lots and lots of dresses for 2016 now for you to choose from.
Sleeves long or tiny are back in Vogue.

Personalised detail just adds the finishing touch to any dress and makes it yours. Here Joanne has a
J entwined with an R to create a bow using the couples initials. 

Accessories as always make or break an outfit, whether it is foundation garments or outer wear.
Belts are still popular and I can make one especially for you.
Shoes and shoe decorations are already available and can be made bespoke to match your dress from my shop.
This year one of the shoe firms I work with  are celebrating their 30th birthday.
But not only do I cater for the bride, I can help with the whole ensemble.
Here I sorted everything for the bride and the groom and the boys.

 
                                        It is important everyone feels good on Their Day.


So you are ready for that photo opportunity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment