Monday 30 June 2014

Round up of the month.

We have just had Glastonbury with Dolly Parton and Kasabian which made me think of a bride of mine who honeymooned there after her wedding. It also makes me think we are half way through the year and it is flying in.
One of my brides who went to Glastonbury to celebrate her wedding. The bride wears the royal blue embroidered dress.
Flower Power and the festive mood seems to be popular with wedding trends at present. I don't believe you have to conform to a particular style or colour just make sure you do it your way.
This dress in red I love, it is by one of my favourite American designers. It would be great in ivory as a bridal dress, not sure I would recommend it in red as there is a horrible saying associated with red wedding dresses, yet in some cultures it is the tradition.
I look at this dress and think lovely, but what happens the flowers when they get squashed and even worse than that how do you dry clean it.
Which reminds me girls, careful if you are out in the sales and you see what you think is a bargain, it is only fit for purpose if it can be made fit you and is clean. There would be some trouble if you bought something like this and it wasn't the perfect fit to start.

         We have also had the Queen to visit the province and purchase some of our products. great to see and hear positive news about our little country.


 Sunny Days to inspire us with ideas for weddings with flowers and sand castles and lots of lovelies.

 For me trends seem to be staying with lace and layers and lots of floatyness, looks that are simple but probably difficult to achieve. Soft and romantic with lots of feminine qualities and very personal, everything specifically chosen to look understated.
I loved this dress that Millie from Made in Chelsea wore, a fine example of lovelyness.
However for now I better go back to my sewing, I have more summer weddings to finish before I get playing with ideas for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment