Monday 6 May 2019

Christening Robes made in Northern Ireland

I’m so lucky, some of my former brides ask me to make them a family christening robe. I believe when I make a christening gown it is an heirloom that will pass around the family and pass to the next generation.
Spring as sprung this year I have had robes back for more names to be added to the petticoats and new robes, one has even managed to be on route to America.
It seems funny but some years ago one of my brides, whose profession was a psychiatrist, said to me ‘Do you ever find it hard to part with your work?’ At the time I knew that as I was making the piece for my client I was happy to see them happy to take it. However recently with the robe that was going to America it was the first time I was having trouble parting with it. All I can think was that I hadn’t meet the person it was for, but thankfully the lady taking it to America completely made me forget that anxiousness when she gave me a big hug!!
Here are some photos.








PS! I won’t start a robe until I know the baby is born safe and sound! And I will sit up all night for a week to get it done on time.

1 comment:

  1. What a Bridal & Wedding services!!!!!! The best Bridal & Wedding services at the budget-friendly. green trends in Hyderabad.

    ReplyDelete