Sunday 8 April 2018

Fairies in our midst?

That past week just flew in like magic and sometimes my job makes me think what it would be like to be a fairy god mum and think long may my magic wand keep working. 

For two little flowergirls their dresses arrived with that added extra magic. They had tried on a basic dress at their fitting but the expression on their faces on the morning of the wedding was magic for me and their Mum. 

Quick photo of that face before we got that fairy necklace on. 

While the girls had been in my studio we had tried on shoes and it was proving difficult to find the right size for one wee one. However after some searching the perfect pair of shoes appeared and delight dawned. Now they had seen these we needed to find an exact match for her sister. 


So pearls and ribbons had to be hand sewn to make two girls happy. 

Pearls to match everything on my brides bespoke belt. 

My studio is old and has many quirky characteristics and makes all sorts of sounds during the day. When the plumbing creeks it is easy for us to imagine the elfs and fairies at work creating the magic, so often my young clients are encouraged to dream!! 


Not just my young clients but my brides too, if they have a dream dress in mind my object is to create the perfect ensemble. And thanks to the generous People in the background paying the bills I'm allowed to. So thanks to the Dad this week who on the morning of the wedding the professional photographer asked him to put his hand in his pocket and he said " Its empty!!" It brought back a memory of a Dad who saw me on holiday some years after his daughters wedding and he said " This is the first time I can say I'm glad to see you!! " "Why?" "I don't have to give you money today." Oh Dear!! 


For this wedding every detail was covered from the dresses, shoes and accessories. 


Even a silver " fairy" necklace & two Easter bunnies!! 

I always like to ask before I use any photos and this lovely Mum made my day by saying "Thank you for everything.. Leading up to and on the day. You made it such a joy and wonderful occasion to be part of, my confidence as you know isn't great but with you.. And only your words and skills you made me so comfortable and enjoy the whole bridesmaid experience.. And for my girls they just adore you are you amazed them with your skills and talent absolutely beautiful x" Thank you girls. 


"In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar" Family and Special Occasions!

High five for the bride and Mummy. 

And a comment from the bride "Joanne I literally have not been able to stop looking at the photos from last week - the detail of all the dress, the veil, the belt, the shoes, mums head piece to Daniels bow tie! Everyone is talking about how fabulous they were! I'm going to miss my Saturdays with you and Margaret. I hope you allow me to visit soon. I adored my dress. Thank  you so much for talking me into the veil, I adored it so much xx"

Recently I had my moral boasted it just happened that one of my favourite shoe designers commented on an embroidery on my Instagram page. I wore Diane's shoes on my wedding day and I had been looking at her new range for 2019 and noticed the embroidery work she is using on her shoes. Little did I think she would find my Instagram account and add comment. I do as much social media as I feel comfortable with and I often wonder when I do my blog posts if anyone ever reads then but that bit of encouragement will push me to keep posting. 

Shoes by Diane Hassall. 

I get so much inspiration from Instagram, there are nights I get into bed and my mind is so full of exciting ideas that I can't sleep. 

However it was my little shop window that brought in a local celebrity for her wedding shoes this week. She was lovely, the shoes that attracted her attention her feet didn't like but the last pair we tried on fitted perfectly and another happy bride left the shop. 


So let me finish this post with this thought. "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar" 

To think that I wrote this on the day that a Newtownards guy won a Gold medal the first for Northern Ireland in 2018 at the Commonwealth Games. Congratulations to Rhys McClenaghan, your family and Regent House School and everyone involved must be very proud how well you did. Best wishes with your future gymnastics career keep soaring high. Brilliant 

1 comment:

  1. What a Bridal & Wedding services!!!!!! The best Bridal & Wedding services at the budget-friendly. green trends in Hyderabad.

    ReplyDelete