Sunday 2 August 2015

Dare to Dream what harm can it do.

April 2013 I was contacted by a girl asking me about having her Wedding Dress made, not an unusual question I hear you say, but there was an added anxiousness! This girl was worried I wouldn't or couldn't make her dress. I had heard this one before only it was an anxious mother who had a daughter that she thought was just too hard to please! Was this going to be a difficult bride?
Each brides dress starts with plan and then as we go we perfect it.
I like to meet any girl that is interested in me making their dress so that I can work out how well we will get on and whether we can work as a good team.  I usually  know quite quickly if we will be able to work together. This bride had to trust me as even I had nothing to put on to help her decide on her shape of dress. Normally I would try dresses on to help both of us gather what is going to look best. 

Even famous people dream of finding the right person and having their dream day.
Declan & Ali enjoying their Big day.

There is nothing like a smile to reveal how happy you feel.

This bride couldn't just go into a shop and try on dresses until she found her dream dress! She needed  to find someone who could make her a bespoke dress. Just like Ali who had designer Phillipa Lepley make her a special dress for her day, it takes a brave girl. All my bride's life her mum had helped with clothes to suit every occasion but her wedding dress was up a level it needed embroidery skills and precision detailing. So this was the start of what is to come.
The Dream dress at the very early stages.(Before)
                       The bridesmaid testing the early stages of her dress.
(During) When you just keep dancing in your dress, I know my client is happy which makes me happy.
The arrival of the Bride on her Big day this June 2015
A Very Special Bride, who dreamt of this day.

& (After) confident, out mixing with the crowd.
Even her shoes had to be special, and to make sure they were perfect the bride encrusted them herself.
Thanks to this couple for sharing their story. Here is what my bride said when I asked could I put her pictures on my blog.
"Go for it! You can talk about my height and all!! I think its great to show a positive side to it all! So many people like me think they wont get married - well i didnt when i was growing up!! The condition is called achondroplasia - most common form of dwarfism! "






Through out the whole process we not only had mum to keep us right but a dedicated bridesmaid, a budding photographer and assistant who beamed with enthusiasm from day one.

A very special Chief Bridesmaid.


It is thanks to this bride that she has let me share her story. 


                   And I hope this little star continues to shine and fulfils lots of her dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment