Wednesday 22 May 2013

My May Inspiration 2013

I just love the month of May, it a time when "Hope" is rejuvenated. So after my disappointment in the Great Gatsby film it was great to get my batteries recharged. There is so much that happens in May that inspires me. We have the London Bridal Show, where you can go and see the next years collections from the bridal designers for 2014.
Retailers are spoiled for choice these days, there are loads of shows and exhibitions right through the year. However not only is it brilliant to catch up with my friends in the bridal industry there is a buzz in the air!! What's on in London at this time too, Chelsea Flower Show !! It's in the show windows spilling out onto the pavement you can't help but be inspired.
Embroidery in a garden at Chelsea 2013!
 Leather appliqued flowers like wall paper in the back ground of the flowers and foliage. It reminds me of last summer when I saw the fantastic embroidered wallpaper at Highgrove where Downton Abbey is filmed.
So much to see and be inspired by. This garden represents how brilliant nature is at regenerating after fire has destroyed it, how it is reborn, the colours go from blacks to bright orange.

 My husband always like the metal work in gardens, the rusty colour it goes with rain. Here in this Australian garden it is a perfect combination for both of us as I love trees and flowers with rock formations and of course some water, something sustainable. Is Australia still calling us?
 Here in the Japanese garden everything is plant perfection, it has stonewalls with water cascading over them, Japanese Acers and (look closely) the mosses are like pin cushions. 
But back to the Massachusetts garden. This garden draws inspiration from the works of Massachusetts-born poet Emily Dickinson and features huge leather panels sewn with beautifully intricate appliqued magnolias, foxgloves and irises. The panels sit alongside atmospheric planting including columbines, peonies, poppies and flowering dogwood trees. There is water too, an innovative leather "water" feature under glass and a dry stone wall to satisfy my Irishness. I love this conceptual garden, thanks Chelsea.



No comments:

Post a Comment