Sunday 28 April 2013

Are You inspired to Sew?

Have you got the bug after watching the Sewing Bee on the TV?

They say viewers are stocking up on needles and thread! Some department stores saw a 55% increase in the sell of sewing machines after the first episode. I am interested to hear what you thought. I like sewing for people who sew themselves as they appreciate and understand the time and effort that goes into my work. I believe there is a type of sewing that suits every individual. It doesn't have to be dress making or machine sewing it can be sewing simply with a needle and thread.
When you see gorgeous material,ribbons and buttons do you want to have a go?

But why, at a time when discount stores are selling dresses for less and less, should so many be inspired to try making things? For a start you can choose the fabric, the colour and the shape, then you can fit it as you make it and then you have the satisfaction of knowing that you, your home or your friend or family member have something completely unique. I know nearly every bride that comes to me says they want something special, something different and that suits them, something personal.For me personally sewing is anything you do with a needle and thread should it be sewing two biscuits together, it can be fun. Creative sewing for me is immensely satisfying and I would encourage as many people as possible to have a go.

Let me know your thoughts? Are you longing to try to sew?


No comments:

Post a Comment