Sunday 28 October 2012

How do I decide on which bridal dresses to take?

 I have a show coming up where my dresses will be showcased on the stairs of the new Titanic building in Belfast. It makes you want to think of using dresses that fit in with the period of the famous Titanic disaster but at the same time I want to show that my work can be fresh and different.I thought I had decided on which dresses however now I have started to rethink the selection.
Back detail, is it too small to be seen from a distance?

Lace with no sparkle, is it better to have sparkle to catch the light

Headdresses and veils, it is difficult to know what to use until you know what way the models hair will be styled.

The fit of each dress is so important to me and all the models are so tiny!!

A strapless dress if it doesn't fit well could be a disaster.

I want everything to coordinate and be perfect!!

If fashion at present is lace and drape.

It would be great to go for something different but to brides want different?

Having got the models sizes this weekend I have dresses that would fit the tiny models but I feel don't really show of my work!!
This latest news of the models waistlines all being between 24" and 26" has thrown me. Is it more important to fit the girls well or to use dresses that I think the Northern Ireland bride will take an interest in????
I better go and rethink the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment