Friday 17 March 2023

17th March 2023 Spread the LOVE on the world wide web

 On this special day, when Irish celebrate around the world, I thought I would share with you some of the work in my sewing room today.


One of the many things that I love to use in my designs are flowers and shamrocks, so today of all days I thought why not let you see what is on my work bench.

Designs and sketches with my Irish shamrocks featuring.

They are a quiet way of saying what I really want. 

Learn more about St Patrick, the saint the Irish celebrate today all around the world, wanted to spread christianity. His idea
was to use the shamrock as a metaphor for the Holy Trinity.

In my work I rarely touch the subject of religion as it is too contentious a topic. I prefer to make people happy rather than cause tension. For me the idea of the shamrock being made up of 3 hearts is the perfect emblem to celebrate the coming together of lots of love.

A St Patrick's blessing I want to share with you 

"May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow. And may trouble avoid you wherever you go"


Wherever you are in the world today you have probably heard of St Patrick. But research and learn more about him! He didn't wear Green! He wasn't Irish! He was enslaved!

So please use the WWW to learn more about everything and learn understand what is Fact and Fiction, who to believe and who to watch out for. People need to learn to love and to share and look after this world. By looking by listening by using our brains and skills we can do better. Maybe by being together we can improve each others ability to achieve their best. I hope greed and evil become extinct while love and wisdom flourish.

This year St Patrick's day coincides with Red Nose Day. Let us come together to fund raise for programs to end child poverty, keeps children safe, healthy, educated and empowered.













No comments:

Post a Comment