Friday 30 December 2022

Reflection of 2022

 As I take time to look back over 2022, my notable memories are that this year more than any my former brides were now bringing their daughters to me to have their dresses made. As I ponder over what to expect for 2023, more corsets and bows, the news has broken that Dame Vivienne Westwood has died at 81years old. What a force for fashion, especially female fashion and for humanity! Her latest mission was to save the planet, never one to shy away from her wants and wishes. She believed in being herself and making what she liked and people approved. Sadly we should also pay homage to two other bridal legends - Ian Stuart and Gill Harvey. RIP



















"She led an amazing life. Her innovation and impact over 60 years has been immense and will continue into the future"

No comments:

Post a Comment