Monday 10 June 2019

D-Day

'The day on which an important operation is to begin or a change to take effect.'



The  6th June 1944 when the allied forces invaded Northern France by means of beach landings
in Normandy. My Grandee helped engineer the harbours at Mulberry, lest we forget.
One lady who was working for USA Vogue at the time as a photographer found herself over there and so began to take images of what was happening.

Her name was Lee Miller well worth looking up and looking at her photos.





This one is actually of her in Adolf Hitler's bath tub 1945!!
We all need to be thankful for what all these people did focus to have today.
Made me think of some vintage dress ideas to share with you.




































Some inspiration for today as I'm sewing away.







3 comments:

  1. I want to have a Dry cleaner so I search for some relevant information in googles especially in blogs or articles to find more details and considering to avail this kind of service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to have a Dry cleaner so I search for some relevant information in googles especially in blogs or articles to find more details and considering to avail this kind of service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Bridal & Wedding services!!!!!! The best Bridal & Wedding services at the budget-friendly. green trends in Hyderabad.

    ReplyDelete