Tuesday 9 February 2016

10 things to promise the year you are getting married


1  will not spend more than two hours a day reading wedding blogs – well, maybe more on weekends. And on days when I’m at work. And on holiday. But other than that…
2 I will love my bridesmaids. They are my best friends and women that I love, not servants to do my bidding. Until they have to carry my dress, my flowers and my drink come the big day.
FIL, MIL, H2B and BMs are not real names. I will not write these acronyms on invitations or place cards.
3 I will be prepared for all eventualities. Therefore, having two pairs of shoes isn’t an indulgence, it’s a practical measure to be proud of.
4 At all times, I will be gracious, understanding, caring and calm. In fact, a career as a UN peacekeeper or a negotiator might well be on the cards. Unless seating plans are required in which case, you’ll need someone else.
5 I will be the hostess with the hostess. All the champagnes and cocktails will be most thoroughly tested before the big day so everyone can enjoy the very best without worry.
6 I will not let my wedding planning spill over into all areas of my life. Although my desk at work does look better with flowers, a napkin and wedding favours on it…
7 I will remember that even though I’m planning a wedding, real life still goes on. But even real life can be improved if you wear your wedding headpiece whilst you’re ironing.
8 I will clean my engagement ring regularly. It’s not just me that has to look fab for photos.
9 I will find my wedding dress and all my accessories at Joanne Ferguson Bridal. Obviously.
10 I will make brilliant memories to have for the rest of my married life.

No comments:

Post a Comment