Saturday 16 March 2013

latest work and inspiration for 2013 brides


The latest in shoes, but shoes are something I can't make and these ones are  £2095 if you are interested!!
My work board with samples and ideas
I am just back from the latest updates on textiles and trends for the next year, more of the same which is good news for me. While the other have to make do with lace and more lace I can get on with my embroidery that can look like lace but can be bespoke to suit exactly where we want it and how much of it we want, the colour you want and any personal touches you want.
Some of my embroidery work in subtle colours
Shoulders in dresses, sleeves, key hole backs,button detail, belts with detail,shoes in lace, vintage brooches, British bridal has  just lots of lace ever since the Royal Wedding in April 2011!! I can do all that and more.
back detail with embroidery work highlighted with pearls and buttons

We have just had a wedding where I embroidered the family's initials on the dress. First I sketched them the size and style desired and then I embroidered them to match the embroidery work already on the dress. Finally the initials where highlighted with beads and crystals to enhance them and shoe them off. Hopefully the bride will have some better photos of the finished work.

The embroidered initials before working it onto the dress and beading.

Guipure lace shoe with pearl flower detail

No comments:

Post a Comment