Friday 26 August 2011

Something old,something new, something borrowed something blue.

Something Old but very in fashion at present is lace.

Lace on dresses and on veils and as 3 dimensional adorment or emblishment. I love taking lace to a new level and giving it an up to date even new look to give it life and added interest. It is associated with flowers and femineity but it can be modern and different too. Lace can be any colour, as well as light and delicate which gives it romance and elegance.
This is a photo of a veil I worked with a deep scalloped lace edge.
The headdress was made of french corded lace worked to look like flowers in a garland for one of my brides.


Also the 1940's and 1950's seem to be having an influence on our fashion trends at the moment.


Something new, a dress for one of my brides this summer.
Something borrowed, the petticoat to make the bottom of the dress sit out more.
And something Blue!

To make sure all my brides have something blue I add a blue bow to my label.



No comments:

Post a Comment