Sunday 24 July 2011

This weeks update

I seemed to lose a week. I was going to do a blog on Rose week but it has been and gone.
Photo of Rose embroidery on one of my wedding dressses


This week we were told about the exhibition of The Duchess of Cambridge’s Wedding Dress which was designed by Sarah Burton, Creative Director at Alexander McQueen. My husband  says I will have to go and see it close up as he knows that it would mean alot to me to see it. The design shows the influence of Victorian dress in details such as the cinched in waist, the padded hips and the bustle at the top of the train. They say Kate had a big input into the design of her dress. I really want to see the detail but I am not sure how close you would be allowed.

The display is part of the Summer Opening of Buckingham Palace which includes the nineteen magnificent State Rooms (with complimentary audio tour), the special exhibition Royal FabergĂ©, and ends with a walk along the south side of the Palace garden. From £17.50 - £31 to £65 per person for a personal guide, I hope it would be worth the effort. It might be the gardens that will impress me the most, I don't know what I expect. I wish that the Queens wedding dress and a few other dressses, such as Princess Anne's wedding dress, were in the exhibition too.


Princess Anne's daughter, Zara Phillips and England rugby star Mike Tindall marry this week.
The couple will exchange their vows in an Edinburgh church surrounded by their families and friends.
But their nuptials are being billed as a low-key affair - in stark contrast to the recent wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The doors of the Scottish capital's Canongate Kirk, where Tindall will first catch sight of his bride in her wedding gown, are to be closed to the press and public next Saturday afternoon.
However, large crowds are still expected in Edinburgh's Old Town to watch the arrival of the Royal Family who are all expected to attend. The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh will join Zara's parents the Princess Royal and Captain Mark Phillips at the Kirk.
Also believed to be attending are the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall, William and Kate, Prince Harry, the Duke of York and his daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie.
Tindall is likely to have invited some of England's best-known rugby players who are colleagues and friends. Will he wear a kilt?
Zara says "My wedding preparations are going really well. It's actually quite scary, but I'm enjoying it. I'm looking forward to becoming Mrs Tindall."
I am looking forward to seeing her dress and everybody else's. More news on the Royal Wedding next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment